Switzerland has a good and reliable public transport network. The cliché of punctual trains and busses is absolutely true. The cheapest and easiest way to come around in Bern is by bike. Due to it's size, it is really easy to reach all the important places.
- Bernmobil provides the bus schedules of all the buses and trams in Bern! If you're using public transport regularly, consider to buy a Libero-Abo.
- There is a nightbus called Moonliner. During the weekend, it departs regularly from the trainstation.
- Bernrollt lends a bicycle during 30min for 3 CHF. Every additional minute costs 5 cents.
- Place to buy a cheap bicycle at the Velobörse. It's market where people bring their old bikes. The market is very popular, so you should be there as early as possible.
- Website of the „Schweizerischen Bundesbahnen“ national train company gives important information about train departures. Watch out for super saver tickets. If you're sure about your plans, you can save a lot of money buying those tickets in advance. It's not worth it to dodge the fare, fines are up to CHF 100.